Sign up for Yardbarker's daily Top 10 newsletter, the Morning Bark! Customize to get news on your favorite sports and teams.


Report: Pablo Sandoval decision to come next week

            Matt Marton-USA TODAY Sports Free-agent third baseman Pablo Sandoval will make a decision about his baseball future next week, his brother and co-agent told Michael Sandoval said Saturday that Pablo Sandoval has “received contract offers from all of the teams under consideration and will take the weekend to weigh his...
Via Sports-Glory
13 hours ago  |  Discuss

Giants Rumors: San Francisco to aggressively pursue Yasmany Tomas if Sandoval leaves

The San Francisco Giants are beginning to face the realization that they may no longer have Pablo Sandoval in their lineup. He has gotten top-dollar offers from the Boston Red Sox and reportedly from the San Diego Padres. Should Sandoval end up leaving the Giants, they are reportedly setting their sights on Cuban slugger Yasmany Tomas.#163517344 / gettyimages.comJohn Shea of the...
Via Sports Rumor Alert
18 hours ago  |  Discuss

Panda's Agent: Treated "First Class" In Boston

Panda At Logan (WHDH-TV)Not that it necessarily means anything, but Pablo Sandoval's agent was impressed with the royal treatment given to The Panda during his Hub visit. Said Gustavo Vasquez, "The attentiveness they've had for us in Boston has been first class". That's all well and good, but the Giants still think they have the inside track on Sandoval—plus the Blue Jays and Padres...
Via FenwayNation
2 days ago  |  Discuss

Giants Players Imitate Madison Bumgarner

If Charles Colton’s famous idiom is true and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, the San Francisco Giants must absolutely love Madison Bumgarner. The pitcher’s teammates, skipper and a strategically placed mop head paid tribute him while recording their bits for the upcoming 2014 World Series video. And as you might imagine…it was full of snot rockets, references to...
Via Hall of Very Good
3 days ago  |  Discuss

Multiple teams make offers to Pablo Sandoval

            Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports Pablo Sandoval figured to be in high demand this offseason, and team’s are now beginning to submit offers to the 28 year-old third baseman. According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe, Sandoval has been given an offer by the Boston Red Sox. In addition to offers by San Francisco and Boston, Pablo Sandoval...
Via Sports-Glory
3 days ago  |  Discuss

Tim Hudson looks at Retirement

It appears 2015 will be Tim Hudson’s last. The Associated Press reported that the 4x All-Star said during an event at Auburn University—his alma matter—that “I have one more year left on my contract, so I’m pretty sure that’s going to be it after this season.” If this season will truly be the end to Hudson’s career, what a career it has been. Drafted by the Oakland...
Via On-Base Talk
3 days ago  |  Discuss

Report: Sandoval won't return to Giants, likely to sign with BoSox

Pablo Sandoval has won his last championship with the San Francisco Giants, according to at least one reporter. Dennis O’Donnell of KPIX 5 reports that there is a 90% chance Sandoval will sign with the Boston Red Sox and a 10% chance he signs with the Blue Jays. O’Donnell’s sources claim the Giants have offered...Read More
Via Larry Brown Sports
3 days ago  |  Discuss

Report: 90% chance Red Sox sign Pablo Sandoval

The San Francisco Giants might soon be on the hunt for a third baseman. According to a report from Dennis O’Donnell of KPIX 5 in San Francisco, the Boston Red Sox have a 90% chance of signing Pablo Sandoval, and the Giants are basically out of the running. Sandoval was in Boston yesterday where I am told there is a 90 percent chance that he will sign with the Red Sox.  The...
Via The Outside Corner
3 days ago  |  Discuss

Giants players do impressions of Madison Bumgarner

On the DVD of the 2014 World Series Film, various Giants players do impressions of World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner. They are…well, they sure are unique. Tim Hudson’s mop wig is by far the highlight of this clip. Simple, yet hilarious. The post Giants players do impressions of Madison Bumgarner appeared first on The Outside Corner.
Via The Outside Corner
4 days ago  |  Discuss

Tim Hudson to retire after 2015 season

After years of trying, Tim Hudson finally earned his first World Series ring in 2014 with the San Francisco Giants. Now the 39-year-old is ready to hang up the cleats following one more season at the big league level. Hudson signed a two-year contract worth $23 million last offseason with the Giants, a deal which the right hander says will be his last. “I have one more year left...
4 days ago  |  Discuss

Giants pitcher Tim Hudson 'pretty sure' 2015 his last season

  San Francisco pitcher Tim Hudson says next season will probably be his last. Now, he won't leave without a World Series championship. The 39-year-old right-hander finally reached and won the World Series in his 16th major league season. He said Tuesday he plans to fulfill his $23 million, two-year contract with the Giants then possibly call it a career. ''I have one...
Via AP on Fox
4 days ago  |  Discuss

Where will the Panda land?

Pablo Sandoval, who had an outstanding season for the World Champion San Francisco Giants, is the top third basemen on the market. With their third championship in five years, the Giants look to retain their phenomenal third baseman. Knowing that others are interested in the twenty-eight year old, which include the Red Sox, Giants, Blue Jays, Padres, and White Sox. According...
Via On-Base Talk
4 days ago  |  Discuss

San Francisco Giants rumors: Justin Masterson

San Francisco Giants general manager Brian Sabean has already said he’s not going to sacrifice the entire budget to sign Pablo Sandoval. The Giants and Boston Red Sox have both reportedly offered Sandoval a five-year contract in the range of $80-90 million, but the Giants have too many other holes on the roster to raise that offer much higher. One of those holes resides in the...
4 days ago  |  Discuss

Giants prospect Mejia receives 50-game suspension for drug violation

San Francisco Giants prospect Adalberto Mejia has received a 50-game suspension Friday after testing positive for a banned stimulant, according to Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News.MLB suspended Giants lefty Adalberto Mejia 50 games for testing positive for banned stimulant. One of their best pitching prospects.— Alex Pavlovic (@AlexPavlovic) November 14, 2014Mejia ascended quickly...
Via On-Base Talk
8 days ago  |  Discuss

San Francisco Giants: Free Agency outlook

Being the World Series Champs is the goal every team sets out to accomplish. The Giants accomplished that goal. However, now Brian Sabean and his brain trust must get to work to re-sign some key players as well as continuing to add to the team. Have the Giants done anything significant and will they keep the players who should be kept? One thing the Giants failed to do the last two...
8 days ago  |  Discuss

San Francisco Giants rumors: Pablo Sandoval contract situation

With three World Series titles under his belt and an amazing performance alongside each one, there’s no doubt San Francisco Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval is a player worth millions. However, with the season over and Sandoval now a free agent, the question remains: Will he stay? Coming off a solid year and an outstanding postseason, he’s thinking big in every way possible...
9 days ago  |  Discuss

Report: Jake Peavy To Turn San Francisco Cable Car Into Mobile Bar

Jake Peavy’s son accidentally let it slip before the San Francisco Giants won the World Series that the family already had picked out the cable car they were going to purchase if the team won. Now that the Giants are world champs, the free-agent pitcher’s brother, Luke, is letting people know their awesome plans for the vehicle after it makes the trip to the family’s 5,000...
12 days ago  |  Discuss

How Good Were The 2014 Giants?

The World Series is over, and though the San Francisco Giants have nailed down their third championship in the last five seasons, there is seemingly no time to savor the accomplishment. Qualifying offers are being extended, the first offseason transactions have begun to trickle across the wire, and hot stove season will soon begin in […]
Via Fangraphs
19 days ago  |  Discuss

Madison Bumgarner denied his wish to ride a horse

During the San Francisco Giants’ World Series parade in San Francisco  on Friday, World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner wanted to ride a horse during the parade. The San Francisco Police Department denied his wish, but made a compromise with him: At which point, Bumgarner looked over at the line of police horses and said, “Anything? How ’bout you letting me ride one of them...
Via The Outside Corner
20 days ago  |  Discuss

Giants News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Cowboys to pursue Adrian Peterson?

Cal gets daughter's bday wrong

Carson: Career not worth concussions

Report: Gundy pursuing Florida job

Tiger hires new swing coach

WATCH: Jameis Winston shoves ref

Florida DL supports Will Muschamp with eye black

Jay Gruden: RG3 has been 'coddled'

LeBron: Love needs to 'demand' the ball

Bills-Jets game will be free admission

Pete Carroll: Lynch is 'our guy'

Which NFL team will get the #1 pick?

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.